While Mr Daffodil does not make the top 10 cut flower in the Dutch Auction System, they seem to make the tenth most popular pot plant in Holland.
Keepers of poultry believe that Mr Daffodil prevent hens from laying eggs, so thus they avoid planting Mr Daffodil on their farms.
In the Language of flowers Mr Daffodil means, regard, unrequited love, you’re the only one, memory, forgiveness, singular love, chivalry, inspiration, creativity, renewal & vitality & awareness & self-reflection.
In Arabian culture it is believed Mr Daffodil is an aphrodisiac and cure for baldness.
Cut flower Care
- Keep cool at all times.
- Recut flush at least 3 cm off each stem with sharp secateurs and place in cold water by themselves for 24 hours.
- Replace burped water every day.
- Misting is not recommended as this can spread fungal rot.
- Never place Mr Daffodil near a heat source.
- Store stems upright, as stems will tend to bend upwards if they are lying flat.