Most Mr Iris is grown in the hills close to Melbourne or in Tasmania because of the requirement of cool temperatures.
In the Language of Flowers, blue Iris means ‘you mean so much to me’, while yellow Iris means ‘passion’.
The Cutflower Language of Mr. Dutch Iris: Your friendship means so much to me, faith, hope, wisdom & valor, my compliments.
Dutch Iris family – The Iridaceae are perennial herbs from rhizomes, bulbs & corms.
Your cut flowers are not lasting because their sucking out all the bad energy inside your home or office, – NOW that’s a great thing!
Cut flower Care – He is a Waterholic
- Keep cool at all times.
- Strip leaves from the lower half of each stem and wash the stem ends.
- Recut flush at least 3 cm off each stem with sharp secateurs and place in water.
- Don’t bash or split stems.
- Flower food is not needed; a splash of chlorine only.
- It is advised to replace burped water every day.
- Rinse any excess foam off the bottom of your stems.
- Strip off any excess leaves that fall below the water line in the vase.
- Iris stems dry up easily. Frequent recutting of the stems is required.