Originally an American beauty and as known in Texas, Nebraska, Nevada and Colorado of America as the Prairie Gentian it was In the 1930’s, that Japanese growers crossed the Prairie Gentian, creating the Ms Lisianthus species we know as today.
Ms Lisianthus is a favourite of mine, she looks delicate but she is hard yakka, reminds me a lot of my personality. She blends well with her competition when it comes to weddings she certainly has the looks to pull it off standing next to Ms Rose, Ms Hydrangea and Ms Gardenia.
Her message hits home for me and i hope she touches you the same way she does me.
Enjoy my darling blossoms.
Ms Lisianthus Message –
Ms Lisianthus has the power to reveal underlying truths in yourself so you can heal faster from past painful encounters making it easier for you to move forward into the future.
Ms Lisianthus also helps you express gratitude to your loved ones and helps you strengthen the long life bond between two people. Ms Lisianthus helps you erect and sustain traditional values and old fashioned morals.
Flower Care – Is a Waterholic
- Keep Ms Lisianthus cool at all times.
- Strip leaves from the bottom half of each stem.
- Re cut, slip on the heels at least 3 cm off each stem with sharp secateurs and place in water.
- Flower food is recommended as this will help buds colour up and open fully.
- Replace vase water with fresh flower food on 3rd day.
- Lisianthus is sensitive to ethylene. Keep them away from fruit, car exhausts and cigarette smoke.
- Good air circulation is paramount.
- Handle with care as Ms Lisianthus is soft and delicate.